Mai Tai is a wonderful cocktail that is loved by all. It is one of the most sought after tai recipes that people look for. Over years this drink became so famous all over the world there are multiple variations available in the world.
The recipe dates back to 1930 when it was discovered and introduced to the world. Here we have tried to present you with the original and the perfect tai recipes.
The Original Mai Tai Recipe
Yields: 1 glass Time: 5 minutes
2 ounces rum (aged rum preferred) ¾ ounce lime juice ½ lime kept aside without juicing. ½ ounce orange flavoured curacao ¼ ounce of rock candy syrup or rich simple syrup 1 cup crushed ice Mint leaves for garnish
- Take a cocktail shaker or mixer; add the rum and the lime juice to the mixer.
- Mix and shake a little till light froth and bubbles are formed at the top.
- Add the orange curacao and the rock candy syrup in the exact proportions mentioned.
- Shake well this time.
- This time shake a little hard to form strong bubbles or froth.
- Add the crushed ice and then pour the drink in old fashion glassware. |
- Serve it chilled and garnish it with mint leaves on top.
The Modern Perfect Mai Tai Recipe
Yield- 1 glass Time- 6 minutes
1 ½ tablespoon light rum, dark rum and proof rum 1 ½ tbsp orange curacao ¼ lime juice ¼ cup orange juice 1 ½ tsp. Simple syrup 1 ½ almond flavoured syrup
- Take a large jar. The best way to make this tai recipe is to use a large jar made of glass.
- Add all the ingredients including the three different types of rum, lime juice, orange juice, flavoured syrup and simple syrup.
- Stir the entire mix till bubbles appear and the mix become a little bubbly.
- Add crushed ice and serve it in any glass of your choice.
There are various kinds of tai recipes that can be made easily at home, but mostly in tai recipes Mai tai recipes are famous. They are superfine cocktails that are perfect when you need just the twist of taste. An important part of the tai recipes old and new is the almond syrup. The aloud syrup is highly essential for this recipe. It is usually known as Orgeat. Whole blanched almonds are used to make this syrup. Nut oil is also used in the syrup to give it richness in flavour. This floral drink was accidentally created to showcase 17 year old gold rum of Jamaican rum.
Both the recipes mentioned above are nearly the same except the modern version uses three different types of rum to enhance the flavour of the cocktail. The first one gives a Hawaiian touch to the drink, enriching its flavour with all its ingredients. Enjoy making the cocktail at home and serve to your guests. Surely this drink will refresh all and give them a wonderful feeling. Just keep in mind to get the best almond syrup available in the market. Because it is the almond syrup that enriches and enhances the taste.